Topics and Agenda
Sunday, March 12 3pm – 6pm Onsite Registration
Monday, March 13 7:30am – 9am Onsite Registration
9am – 5pm Opening Ceremony, State Intelligence Meetings & Presentations
Tuesday, March 14 8:30am – 5pm Presentations
Wednesday, March 15 8:30am – 3pm Presentations
*All times are Central Daylight Time*
- Why We Fight: Dope, Terror and the ‘War On Drugs’
- Current Drug Trends: Overlooking Drug Evidence at Crime Scenes
- Hybrid Gangs & Trends and Activity of Criminal Organizations
- Undercover Stressors & Undercover Tactics
- Digital Forensics and Case Studies
- Cryptocurrency Investigations
- Sexual Deviant Killers
- Gun Crimes
*Topics are subject to change
- Where will the general session be located? All conference presentations will be held in the Nashville Ballroom of the Sonesta Nashville Airport.
- Will there be networking opportunities? This will be announced during the conference opening ceremonies.
- Where will the state intelligence meetings be located? These meeting will be held in various rooms and will be announced during the conference.
- What dining options are available in the surrounding area? There are several dining options on site as well as nearby restaurants.
- What is the dress for the conference? Attire for ROCIC conference may range from casual, to business casual, to professional dress according to the preference of the attendee and any policy from their agency.
Hotel and Transportation
Conference registration and all presentations will be held at the Sonesta Nashville Airport, 600 Marriott Drive, Nashville, TN 37214.
Book early to receive the ROCIC discounted rate of $189 + tax per night. This discounted rate is only available until February 17, 2023 or until the room block has been filled, whichever comes first.
Parking: Hotel overnight self-parking is offered at a discount of $6 per car, per night. For non-hotel guests or commuters, parking is discounted to $4 per car/per day.
Note: When entering the number of guests per room on your reservation, keep in mind that if you enter 3 or 4 people, the hotel will charge a $25 per person per night for a third or fourth person listed on your reservation.
Sonesta Nashville Airport offers complimentary shuttle services to and from Nashville International Airport.
- Shuttle runs from 4:30 AM – 11:30 PM
- Departs hotel :00 and :30
- Departs Nashville International Airport Ground Transportation Terminal :15 and :45 past hour
- Last departure is 11:45 PM
- Accessible shuttles available upon request/advance notice
- Located 7 minutes/4 miles from Nashville International Airport
Please contact our Front Desk for more details at 615-889-9300.
Food Options Near Sonesta:
Nashville Tap House (Inside Sonesta) American/Bar
Starbucks (Inside Sonesta) American/Coffee/Pastries
Zulema’s Kitchen (0.2 Miles from Sonesta) Offers breakfast and daily lunch specials
Little bit of everything on the menu!
555 Marriott Dr, Nashville, TN 37214
Waffle House (0.9 Miles from Sonesta) Breakfast/Diner
Jimmy John’s (1.8 Miles from Sonesta – delivery available) Sandwiches
457 Donelson Pike Ste. 103, Nashville, TN 37214
Kebab Gyros & Italian Cuisine (1.8 Miles from Sonesta) Salads/Sandwiches/Platters
450 Donelson Pike, Nashville, TN 37214-3544
Fox’s Pizza Den (2 Miles from Sonesta – delivery available) Pizza/Italian
2828 Elm Hill Pike #108, Nashville, TN 37214-3771
Panera Bread (2 Miles from Sonesta) Sandwiches/Soups/Salads
620 Royal Parkway, Nashville, TN 37214
Bar-B-Cutie (2 Miles from Sonesta) 501 Donelson Pike, Nashville, TN 37214
Monell’s At The Manor (4.1 Miles from Sonesta) Offers breakfast/lunch/dinner
1235 6th Ave. North, Nashville, TN 37208
Paula Dean’s (5 Miles from Sonesta) American/Southern
575 Opry Mills Dr, Nashville, TN 37214
Mission BBQ (5.2 Miles from Sonesta) American/BBQ
161 Opry Mills Dr, Nashville, TN 37214
Payments and Registration
The registration fee is $150 per attendee for ROCIC or RISS member agencies.
The registration fee for non-member agencies is $250 per attendee.
*Registration fee includes all ROCIC training sessions and information exchange.
Registration and payment are required prior to the training. All registration fees must be made by check or credit card and received by ROCIC no later than March 7th to secure your spot at the conference. If payment is not received by March 7th, you will be notified, and the spot will be cancelled or given to someone on the waiting list.
*Attendees are responsible for lodging, meals and travel.
ROCIC training and information sharing events are restricted to full time employed law enforcement and prosecutorial personnel, to include investigative and analytical support staff. Private security, contract, reserve, auxiliary, and part time employees are not eligible for attendance.
All payments must be received by MARCH 7th.
Registration payment can be made by credit card and check. If paying by credit card, payment link will be included with email confirmation and sent to the email address listed when registering. There is a $6 nonrefundable processing fee per attendee for all credit card payments. Please make all checks payable to “ROCIC” and forward to the following address:
Attn: 2023 Spring Membership Conference
545 Marriott Drive, Suite 850
Nashville, TN 37214
All registration fee payments must be received no later than: March 7, 2023.
Include the names of those attending on all correspondence.
TAX ID# 62-1046640
ROCIC will be partnering with a cohosting agency, who will handle all vendor payments. As soon as the details have been arranged, we will send payment information to the email used to register.
Electricity and additional AV needs will be arranged with the Sonesta Nashville Airport Hotel AV provider, Encore. Please see form below.
*Please note, your table location will be assigned by ROCIC at conference*
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Grand Ole Opry
- The Johnny Cash Museum
- The Musicians Hall of Fame & Museum
- Music City Walk of Fame
- Frist Art Museum
- Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
- Tennessee State Museum
- Madame Tussauds Nashville
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC)
- Third Coast Comedy Club
- Nashville Zoo
- Old Town Trolley Tours of Nashville
- Ghost City Tours
- Music City Brew Hop
- Nashville Sounds
- Bridgestone Arena
- Ryman Auditorium
Food Options Downtown:
- Assembly Food Hall ( https://www.assemblyfoodhall.com/ , 7.4 Miles from Sonesta)
- 30+ eateries and bars, Nashville’s largest rooftop, and 3 stages! Has every type of food!
- 5055 Broadway Place, Nashville, TN 37203
- Acme Feed & Seed ( https://www.acmefeedandseed.com/ , 6.6 Miles from Sonesta)
- Little bit of everything including sushi
- 101 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37201
- The Diner ( https://www.thediner.com/ , 6.6 Miles from Sonesta)
- 6 floors of both casual and upscale dining. Has every type of food!
- 200 3rd Ave S, Nashville, TN 37201
- Barlines (https://www.barlinesnashville.com/ , 1 Miles from Sonesta)
- Inside OMNI Hotel across from Bridgestone
- American/Bar/Southern inspired dishes
- 250 5th Ave. South, Nashville, TN 37203
- Hard Rock Café (https://www.hardrockcafe.com/location/nashville/ , 6.3 Miles from Sonesta)
- American/Bar – Little bit of everything on the menu!
- 100 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37201
- All the Honkey Tonk Joints – FGL House, Jason Aldean’s, Ole Red, Tin Roof, and More!
Food Options Around Nashville:
- The Pharmacy Burger Parlor & Beer Joint (7.4 Miles from Sonesta)
- 731 Mcferrin Ave, Nashville, TN 37206
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken (7.7 Miles from Sonesta)
- Chicken / Sandwiches
- 112 19th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37203
- Bluebird Café (10.5 Miles from Sonesta)
- Cafe, American, International
- 4104 Hillsboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37215
- Maggiano’s Little Italy (10.9 Miles from Sonesta)
- 417 Union St, Nashville, TN 37219